Creating a Makeup Base - Fabulous Skin

Creating a polished look.


  1. Start with clean skin.
  2. Moisturize.
  3. Put a modest amount of NARS Makeup Primer in palm and spread and press into face with fingers tips.
  4. Put a small amount of NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof eyeshadow base on palm and spread gently on eye lid up to brow and around the eye.
  5. Use NARS concealer (I use Custard) under the the eye lightly and as needed.


In my research I have learnt that NARS creamy face products work best (and may be designed for) when warmed with one's hands or fingers.  I find that manual/mechanical blending of concealer and foundation is less so required and the products looks most beautiful and natural when warmed by ones fingertips.  For best results I put the concealer on the side of my hand, like in the video below, and grab the now warmed concealer with a flat concealer brush to place place it flawlessly in large flat spots such as under the eyes.

You can choose to stop there (make sure to set the concealer by using face powder if you do).  But to complete the 'perfect canvas' look:

I know that this model has flawless skin; but the advice and technique are Fabulous! :





... Joan made me do it.

NARS Cosmetics

No comments:

Post a Comment